Our classrooms at Orchard Ridge and Indiana Wesleyan University are large enough to allow for social distancing and proper ventilation. In addition, class size is always kept small. (Saturday location is a smaller room but the class size will be very small as well - smaller than prior sessions.) We always fully sanitize instruments and we will continue to do that with all instruments and props used in class. You are also welcome to bring your own instruments** if you would like to keep very separate from the group. There is always a makeup policy for our in-person classes which is that families can attend any other class during the session if space is available. Those registered for the in-person class, can choose to attend the online session if needed due to sickness.
Our families are always diligent about not attending when sick but this is especially emphasized during these times. If you or your child/children have a temperature or are experiencing other illness symptoms, have recently traveled to an area at high risk for COVID-19, or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, then please do not come to class and instead choose the online class or schedule a makeup class (depends on openings in the schedule).
**If bringing your own instruments, then I will send a list of items needed prior to class. It will be similar to what is needed for the interactive online session. Examples are: homemade shakers, metal or wooden spoons, pot or pan, etc.
Additional In-Person Class Initiatives to Ensure Safety:
* Teacher will use a microphone to minimize air inflow/outflow from singing and be social distanced (well over 6 feet) from the group
* Mats will be placed on the floor for families to sit on with social distancing - distances are well over 6 feet apart
* Instruments will be handed out rather than having kids choose from the pile
* As mentioned above, instruments are always sanitized (just wanted to reiterate)
* Hand sanitizer is always available for use
*See makeup policy and details on when not to come to class for sickness above